4Front Credit Union invests in the communities we are privileged to serve, embracing the credit union philosophy of "People Helping People." As part of this commitment, we work to enhance the lives of our area’s residents and the locales in which they live and work.
Community Investment requests are defined as solicitations for in-kind or monetary support from organizations positively impacting the overall welfare and well-being of a larger segment of individuals residing within 4Front Credit Union’s field of membership.
Submitting a Request
4Front offers a convenient online submission portal that allows applicants to supply all necessary information, including attaching any relevant supporting documentation like event flyers, non-profit documentation, etc.
Due to the significant volume of requests we receive, all applications for support must be made via this online process. Requests submitted via telephone, email, fax, or in-person via our branch offices cannot be considered. 4Front Credit Union cannot consider incomplete requests for support.
Community Investment requests are reviewed and decisioned on a monthly basis. To ensure appropriate review and processing, requests must be submitted by the last business day of the month preceding the associated support deadline AND at least ten (10) business days prior to support deadlines. 4Front will communicate decisions via email on the first business day of the month following. All efforts will be made to mail Community Investment checks within two weeks of the communication of approval.
Please review the Eligibility Requirements and Award Criteria listed below. Should your organization's request qualify for consideration, click the proceed box at the bottom of the page and begin your request submission.
4Front Credit Union can only consider Community Investment requests which demonstrate positive impact on individuals residing within its current field of membership. This current field of membership includes the state of Michigan.
4Front cannot consider requests for support from the following:
- Political or partisan organizations;
- Individual teams or smaller sports organizations that do not benefit a larger segment of the community;
- Individuals, businesses, or organizations seeking funds for personal or individual endeavors, including reimbursement for medical needs or expenses;
- Organizations seeking funds for the purpose of building assets or capital; or
- Individuals or groups that are not representative of the communities 4Front serves or of the membership as a whole.
Neither the requesting organization, nor the individual submitting the request on behalf of an organization is required to hold membership in 4Front Credit Union for consideration of Community Investment requests.
4Front Credit Union considers requests which clearly demonstrate positive impact to residents and communities residing within our field of membership, currently the state of Michigan. Preference will be given to requests impacting our core service area. Our core service area includes Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Crawford, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau, Manistee and Otsego counties.
4Front will give preference to public not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, as designated by the Internal Revenue Service and/or the Michigan Department of Treasury. Proof of 501(c)(3) status, in the form of a determination letter, must be provided to receive preferred consideration. The online submission portal allows for the attachment of documentation like a determination letter, event flyer, or other supporting materials.
4Front identifies the following causes as of enhanced importance to the region we serve and will give preference to requests demonstrating impact on (in no particular order):
- Community Building. 4Front supports fostering an appreciation for our area and is committed to make it even better.
- Environmental Stewardship. 4Front supports conservation of resources and common-sense preservation of land and/or wildlife.
- Financial Literacy. 4Front supports financial education, including budgeting assistance, debt management strategies, and retirement planning.
- Health and Wellness. 4Front supports efforts to promote healthy lifestyles and provision of necessary care to those in need.
- Youth Empowerment. 4Front supports ensuring access to education and encourages participation in extracurricular activities.
4Front Community Investment requests are considered based on the following criteria (in no particular order):
- Amount of Request. The total investment of the requested support.
- Availability of Funds. The ready availability of Community Investment monies.
- Community Impact. The request’s overall positive effect on the community or communities served.
- Frequency of Support. Whether a request from the organization has been previously granted.
- Member Impact. The request’s overall positive effect on 4Front members.
- Sources of Support. How the requesting entity receives its current financial assistance.
Submitting a request for Community Investment does not ensure its fulfillment. As an institution serving the entire state of Michigan, we receive more requests for support than we are able to grant. Please note that declining a Community Investment request does not imply that the applicant organization is not valued or worthy of support.
To allow for a thorough and prompt review of applications, applicants are encouraged to consider the following tips when seeking support through 4Front's Community Investment initiative...
- Provide ample information to explain the organization and/or sponsorship/donation opportunity. Help us to fully understand what your organization does for the communities and residents you assist and how we can help. Utilize the "Notes" and "Attachments" sections of the web form to provide additional information.
- Ensure your contact information is accurate and monitor your email for follow-up questions. We may have questions about the giving opportunity and require a little more information from you. If we can't reach you, we'll be unable to give the request the full attention it may deserve.
- Communicate additional possible giving tiers. Sometimes we're unable to satisfy the entirety of a request, but wish to help at a different financial threshold. If we can participate at an alternate level, please take care to communicate this in the "Notes" section of the application.
By proceeding below, I indicate that I have reviewed 4Front Credit Union's Community Investment Eligibility Requirements and Award Criteria, confirmed the eligibility of my organization/event, and wish to begin my Community Investment request.
Community Investment Requests Frequently Asked Questions
We have made an online request portal available for the following reasons...
- The portal makes it easier for organizations to submit requests and allows them to easily upload additional information.
- Requests submitted via the portal feed into a workflow, resulting in a more efficient review and decisioning process.
- The online portal allows us to require inclusion of specific pieces of information, ensuring we have all necessary information to make informed decisions and communicate with applicant organizations.
- Sponsorship and donation requests continue to grow and we’re obligated to employ processes like this to effectively manage the flow of these requests.
Supporting documents may be uploaded by clicking the "Attachment" option in the Organization Information section of the application as shown below.
Successful requests will trigger an automated confirmation email issued to the email address provided in the request.
Submitted requests cannot be amended, but don't fret! If it is necessary to amend a previously submitted request, simply submit a new request, taking care to note the following:
- If possible, please use the same organization and sponsorship names (or very similar) to ensure we can identify which request you wish us to update.
- Be sure to select the "This request replaces a previously submitted request." tag in the Details section, as shown below...
Yes. To ensure appropriate review and processing, requests must be submitted by the last business day of the month preceding the associated support deadline AND at least ten (10) business days prior to support deadlines.
Regardless of the decision, 4Front will notify the contact associated with each request. Notification will be provided via the email address included with the request and will typically be issued by the end of the month preceding associated support deadlines.
"Support deadline" is the term 4Front utilizes for deadlines established by organizations requesting Community Investment monies. Support deadlines may represent organizations' advertising submission deadlines, their payment in-hand deadlines and other tasks associated with sponsorship that may be time-sensitive in nature.