Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response & Resources
**This page will be updated as necessary.**
UPDATE: MONDAY, March 23 • 11:30 Am ET
Governor Whitmer orders Michiganders to "stay home, stay safe." Financial institutions to continue operation as "critical infrastructure" designees.
This morning, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announced Executive Order No. 2020-21, ordering Michigan residents to stay at home to curb the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The order takes effect on tomorrow, Tuesday, March 24 at 12:01 am, and continues through Monday, April 13 at 11:59 pm.
Financial service providers, including credit unions, are considered "critical infrastructure" in Gov. Whitmer's order. As such, 4Front will continue to service our membership with VideoTeller in-car banking, branch drive-thrus and our telephone contact center. In concert with our virtual banking and 4FrontGo mobile app platforms, these channels provide complete access to your account while adhering to public health officials' social distancing recommendations.
UPDATE: Wednesday, March 16 • 1:00 pm ET
Fees waived for Express Pay and Telephone Payment loan payment options
In acknowledgement of authorities social distancing recommendations, we've elected to waive service fees associated with our Express Pay and Telephone Payment loan payment options. 4Front incurs costs for each payment submitted with these channels, however, we believe it's imperative that we remove potential barriers to utilizing services that support behaviors intended to curb the spread of the Coronavirus.
UPDATE: Tuesday, March 17 • Noon ET
Lobby service closed at all locations
4Front has elected to close lobby services at all of its 15 locations, beginning Wednesday, March 18. Drive-thru and VideoTeller in-car banking services will remain in operation where available and appointments may be made for special circumstances. Specific branch drive-thru and VideoTeller service schedules can be access HERE. Services available by branch are as follows:
- Bellaire (201 E. Cayuga Street) – By appointment only
- Boyne City (308 N. Lake Street) – Drive-thru and by appointment
- Cadillac (8807 E. 34 Road) – VideoTeller in-car banking and by appointment
- Charlevoix (1031 May Street) – VideoTeller in-car banking and by appointment
- East Jordan (220 S. Lake Street) – VideoTeller in-car banking and by appointment
- Kalkaska (120 County Road 621 NE) – VideoTeller in-car banking and by appointment
- Mancelona (304 S. Williams Street) – VideoTeller in-car banking and by appointment
- Manistee (1960 US 31 South) – VideoTeller in-car banking and by appointment
- Petoskey (2215 Mitchell Road) – VideoTeller in-car banking and by appointment
- Petoskey (1633 US 131 South) – Drive-thru and by appointment
- Traverse City (1234 Hastings Street) – VideoTeller in-car banking and by appointment
- Traverse City (101 N. Park Street) – By appointment only
- Traverse City (3745 N. US 31 South) – Drive-thru and by appointment
- Traverse City (3323 S. Airport Road) – By appointment only
- Traverse City (3939 W. Front Street) – Drive-thru and by appointment
The suspension of lobby services will remain in effect until further notice.
UPDATE: Friday, March 13 • 5:00 pm ET
Lobby service suspended at five locations
In the interests of limiting the potential spread of the Coronavirus, 4Front has elected to close lobby services at five locations, beginning Monday, March 16. These locations are:
- Charlevoix (1031 May Street)
- East Jordan (220 S. Lake Street)
- Petoskey (2215 E. Mitchell Road)
- Traverse City (101 N. Park Street)
- Traverse City (3939 W. Front Street)
The Charlevoix, Petoskey and East Jordan locations listed above offer our VideoTeller in-car banking service. VideoTeller offers nearly all of the transactional services provided in our lobbies and will remain available during its normal hours of operation Monday through Friday 7am - 7pm and Saturday 9am - 2pm. Each of the locations listed above is in relative proximity to another 4Front location offering lobby service.
This suspension of lobby service at these locations will remain in place until further notice.
UPDATE: Friday, March 13 • 11:58 am ET
The “do right by your fellow member” spirit of a financial cooperative is not unlike the perspective our public health leaders are asking of our citizens. While every effort is being made to eradicate the virus, much of the focus remains on its containment in order to protect our most vulnerable citizens. With our lobbies servicing thousands of members every day, 4Front is taking aggressive steps to do its part in limiting the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Making certain our members maintain ready access to their accounts and funds is important. Ensuring the well-being of our members and employees is imperative. Remain closely connected to your funds and follow social distancing recommendations suggested by health experts, by employing the following practices:
- Bank from your home with our market-leading virtual banking and 4FrontGo mobile app. These resources remain the quickest and most convenient ways to manage your 4Front accounts. If you aren’t currently enrolled, you can do so remotely by clicking the “Virtual Banking” tab in the upper right corner of this page.
- 4FrontGo’s mobile deposit feature allows you to deposit checks swiftly and securely with your smart phone or tablet. View a short tutorial video, easily enroll in Mobile Deposit within 4FrontGo and away you go.
- Pay all of your bills without having to write checks or visit the post office with online Bill Pay inside virtual and mobile banking. To enroll in online Bill Pay, log in to virtual or mobile banking and click the Bill Payment tab under Transactions.
- Get almost all your banking done without stepping into a branch. The expanded hours of our VideoTeller interactive teller machines at many 4Front locations allow nearly every type of transaction to be completed from your vehicle Monday thru Friday 7 am – 7 pm and Saturday 9 am – 2pm. Visit Locations & Hours for a complete listing of VideoTeller locations. 4Front is also a member of the CO-OP Network, offering 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs -- many offering deposit-taking functionality -- across the United States.
Health & Safety Measures
4Front Credit Union has always sought to ensure sanitary business environments both within our branch locations and administrative buildings. In light of recent events, we have taken additional steps to do so.
- We are employing enhanced cleaning practices, including regular disinfectant of high-touch surfaces (counters, desks, telephones, door handles, member services stations, coin counting terminals, on-premise ATM/ITM screens and buttons) throughout each day.
- We are limiting possible transmission portals by removing mint bowls and transitioning to single-use pens.
- We will continue to encourage team members encountering any possible illness to refrain from attending work and have requested employees exercise enhanced vigilance when experiencing symptoms of the virus or when evaluating family members demonstrating symptoms.
- We have secure systems in place to allow team members to work remotely in accordance with social distancing recommendations. We will also continue to use videoconferencing technology to minimize the need for gatherings of large teams.
- We have suspended all non-essential employee business travel and may require up to a 14-day self-quarantine upon the return of a team member traveling for personal reasons.
- We have postponed all internal training sessions and member learning seminars. This postponement includes the four-part Productive & Protective virtual banking seminar series originally scheduled for 3/26, 4/2, 4/9 and 4/16.
We are also closely monitoring updates and resources provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and state and local health officials.
Business Continuity Measures
We have activated our business continuity plan to ensure access to your funds and banking services remain certain during this uncertain time.
- We have secure systems in place to allow essential functions to be performed remotely in order to avoid interruption to member service.
- We require business continuity plans of our system providers prior to doing business with them and have been assured repeatedly by our providers that all member-facing platforms are and will remain stable and accessible.
Rest assured, that 4Front and its vendor-partners are prepared for circumstances like what we are currently experiencing. Your management team holds multiple annual exercises to ensure our institution’s readiness and ability to maintain delivery of the services you expect from your financial partner.Go to main navigation